Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My 2011 goals and intentions

Since 2011 is almost here and I have a million crafty ideas swirling around in my brain, I thought I'd try to get a list together of my quilt goals for the coming year. I also compiled a list of all my finished projects for 2010. There is a link at the top of the page or you can go here to see it. Here is what I have in mind for the new year.
  1. We are moving to a new house so curtains will be at the top of the list.
 (not sure what happened to the first picture, but I can't get it to show up!)

2. Step out of my comfort zone and do new things!  I have already set this one in motion by joining a couple of swaps: The Make Mine Modern swap and the Spicing up the Kitchen swap. Very excited about these!
And then I joined a short bee called the 3x6 Sampler Bee. You make only 6 blocks instead of 12. I figure this will be a good way to get a taste of online bees. I think sign ups are still open for all of these if you are interested in joining me.

3. Make stuff from the books I have. This may sound silly, but I have gotten quite a few books and somehow I keep getting so much inspiration from the internet and making those projects instead.

4. I love string block quilts and really want to tackle one this year. This may be a two-fer because there is a pattern for string block quilts in The Practical Guide to Patchwork.
5. I'd like to attempt a Cathedral Windows Pillow
6. A King size quilt for our new bed
7. A twin/full quilt for my daughters new big girl bed.
8. I'd like to continue to try and come up with my own patterns more.

I think that's a pretty ambitious list for now. And I'm sure it will grow as the year goes on. What do you have planned for the new year?

    5 comments:

    Elizabeth Dackson said...

    Sounds like a good list to me! Nothing wrong with being ambitious :)

    Kati said...

    I made curtains for my kitchen from the Amy Butler fabric you have shown. I love them and get lots of compliments. Good luck on all your goals!

    Lee said...

    Nice goals! A string quilt and something with cathedral windows are both on my to-do list.

    SplendidlyImperfect said...

    That pillow is AMAZING. I can't wait to see what fabrics you do that one with.

    Karamat said...

    I have all but one of those books and haven't made a single thing from any of them either. Maybe in 2011?!?

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...