Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WIP Wednesday {33}

Things have been quiet around here and I think I'm pretty far off from a finish so I thought I'd start up my WIP Wednesdays again. I'm finally in the 2nd trimester and starting to feel better so the sewing machine has been getting some use again- yay!

Before I get started, I just want to let you know that my bloggy friend and WIP Wednesday host, Lee has entered one of her adorable fabric design's into Connecting Thread's fabric design contest!  Her design is called Flourish and is located under the Floral/Botanical section.  You can vote here until the end of the month  If you have a moment, go check out the designs and give Lee a vote!

So, I've slowly been getting back into the swing here. I've been avoiding my Weekender Bag for a looong time. I finally started putting in the lining. This part is a total pita because it's all hand sewing. But I'm going to Florida next weekend so I'm hoping to use this as my carry on. I'm heading to the bead store today. Hoping to get some cute beads to use as a zipper pull.

I've gotten a few arcs done for the Double Wedding Ring QAL. I'm beyond behind on this one so I'm just taking it at my own pace.


My design wall is totally taken up right now too with my do.Good Stitches quilt. First off, since I redesigned the room, the wall isn't easy to get a good photo of so excuse the bad picture! We used Jaybird Quilts Hexagon Quilt Along tutorial for this quilt. The girls sent a really fun mix of blocks! I'm adding a sashing between the rows to break it up a bit (it's on the right side). So far I'm really happy with how it's turning out.


Waiting for attention:
Aviary Birdbath for my mom
Beach bag for my sister
Sew Modern Quilt (blocks are coming back. I need my design wall free to do this one).


Total projects: 6

As usual, I'm linking to Freshly Pieced. Go see what everyone is up to!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



19 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Oh wow, I love your do.Good quilt top so far!!! It looks so cool!!! I'm thinking about using up a jelly roll that's been sitting in my sewing room for way too long for a quilt like this one, I loved making those blocks. Wow, your Tula ring quarters look amazing too! Have a great trip!

Kati said...

Love your hexagon quilt. Those colors are so great together. Good luck on finishing your bag!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your do.Good hexagon quilt top is beautiful! Good luck on your bag it really looks neat.

Krista Schneider said...

love the sashing and the colors (and the blocks of course!) it's looking really awesome.

Marci Girl said...

Congrats on getting to that 2nd trimester! Yeah! Everything looks great Becky, and I can't wait to see that bag all finished up!

Linz said...

I love LOVE your hexagon blocks! Those are SO awesome!! Glad you are getting back in the groove! Enjoy the wonderful 2nd trimester! :)

Jessica Kelly said...

So glad you are feeling better and into your second trimester, love the hexagon quilt! I think the sashing is a perfect idea, can't wait to see more!!

Cille said...

I spy some Prince Charming fabric in your double wedding ring quilt. Looks good :) just got a lot of it and are toting with ideas on how to use it. Also really like your do.Good Stitches quilt.

Letterpress said...

Very fun to see your progress with sashing/no sashing on the hexagon quilt. I think it will be beautiful and what a lot of work you have put into it!

Congrats on making progress on the Weekender Bag. From what I hear, it's a beast and kudos to you for getting this far.

Elizabeth E!
http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

Jacey said...

I can understand why you're avoiding the Weekender bag, but it looks beautiful so far! You'll get through it when the time is right. In the meantime, your hexagon quilt so far is amazing! Love it! The gray sashing is such a great choice. And your DWR progress is beautiful, too!

Denise in PA said...

Glad you have a reason to get the bag done! You'll feel so good when it's finished! Your hexie quilt is going to be gorgeous - love the gray sashing. Oh, and the arcs are looking great too!

Toni said...

Love the colors in both your quilts. They are going to be awesome. Good luck finishing your bag and most importantly...have FUN in Florida!!

Katie B said...

Great work! Love your hexagon quilt progress.

Marg said...

Love the hexagon quilt, the colours, the sashing, the blocks, everything!

Lee said...

That hexie quilt is going to be seriously AMAZING! I can't wait to see it done. And pardon me while I drool over your DWR arcs. Yummy!

Thanks for the plug for the CT contest! You are awesome! : ) And thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday.

Kelli said...

Wow!! Works in progress--all awesome! The weekender bag looks like it's going to be lovely. Your DWR arcs are so bold and colorful. And your Do. Good. Stitches quilt--WOW!!! Absolutely Beautiful!
The 2nd trimester was a great time for me with both of my two. Here's to renewed productivity and feeling good!!

Katy Cameron said...

Loving how that hexie quilt is turning out

Cindy Culp said...

Wow Becky!!! Your productivity is amazing. I was wondering if the fabric you are using for the Weekender Tote is the exterior heavy home dec fabric the pattern specifies or did you go with something lighter?

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Love your hexies, and your DWR fabrics look great. Congrats btw - glad you're feeling better too :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...