Friday, September 30, 2011

October Bee Blocks


It's not even October yet, but I got all my bee blocks done. For Sew Modern, Kristy put together this tutorial for the blocks she wanted. I'm a big fan of these blocks and have bookmarked this for future use, they are pretty clever!




 For do.Good Stitches, I'm the Queen Bee again this month. A big thank you to Amanda for switching with me. I was originally scheduled to host again in February, but I'll be a little busy having a baby that month!

I chose the LynneBobSquarePants block from Lily's Quilts. We are going scrappy with this one and anything goes for color choice. I can't wait to see what everyone sends me.

Excited to join some fellow PMQG members tonight for sewing night at a local shop. I know I'll have stuff to show you after then!



12 comments:

Jacey said...

Wow, both sets of blocks are really beautiful, Becky! The LynneBobSquarePants is such a stunning block, and I bet a whole quilt of scrappy ones will be amazing!

felicity said...

I'm in awe at your productivity and ahead-of-it-ism. Love the LynneBob blocks - they always look so great!

Denise in PA said...

I love that top block - thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial!

See you tonight!

**nicke... said...

i love them all but i really love that top block! beautiful! i better try that out!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I love the colors/fabrics in the last block!

Anonymous said...

That first block is fabulous! Im adding it to my list of things to do.

Katy Cameron said...

Oooh, get you Miss Ahead-Of-The-Game! Love those blocks, especially the first one

Katy Cameron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Live a Colorful Life said...

Bee-autiful blocks!

Unknown said...

where can i access the pattern for these blocks...it said I needed to be invited.

thanks,
karen

Unknown said...

Is it possible to get permission to see the tutorial, so I can see how to make the top block? It's really wonderful and I'd love to make some myself. Thanks so much!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

To those who've asked for the patterns. They are not my patterns. I've provided links to them, but as this post is from 2011 they may no longer be available. I would try a google search!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...