Saturday, October 22, 2011

Some food and fabric

We've been busy this weekend with family visiting from out of town, but I just wanted to share some things.

First off, the evil that Pinterest will bring....

These blueberry muffins may have come out of my oven. I can not confirm or deny that though since there are no more in my kitchen as evidence.  The recipe is here from Smitten Kitchen. How can they not be good from a blog with such an awesome name!?



 And in the mail?




Are you familiar with Richard Scarry? I loved these books when I was little and when my little sister was young. I'm not normally into novelty fabrics, but I've been struggling with how to decorate my boy nursery. Being a book nerd, this totally spoke to me! Especially the panel that came with the FQ set.



It's supposed to be made into a book, but I'm planning on hanging them on canvas or wood or something. We'll see how it goes.




My favorite was always the worm in the apple car! It won't exactly match with the quilt I'm making, but that's okay. It's all fun.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.


6 comments:

Melinda said...

LOVE the Richard Scarry fabric! I loved his books! What a really cool way to decorate a nursery!

Anonymous said...

lol @ the evil that pinterest will bring!

Katy Cameron said...

I may, or may not, have had to pin that recipe too. And I may, or may not, have had to start following her blog as well...

Love that fabric too, so much fun, I think it would look fab as framed panels around the wall

Denise in PA said...

So, that's the Richard Scarry fabric you were talking about - too cute! Those muffins look so good. I refuse to go on Pinterest, but I have many, many thing in my Delicious site! Both cooking and quilting (my two favorite hobbies!)

Jacey said...

Smitten Kitchen is seriously one of my favorites, all-time. I've never been steered in the wrong direction by her culinary treats. Next time you've got some blueberries (or blackberries/raspberries), you should try her crumb bars. Awesome.

felicity said...

Lowly the worm! We love Lowly! Awesome, awesome fabric!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...