Monday, November 21, 2011

The pink nightgown

I had this idea a few years ago to dress my daughter up like a certain Christmas character for our cards. It didn't work then because she was too young to cooperate. But I'm thinking of attempting it again this year. It requires a pink nightgown which around her they really don't make. Everything is footie pajamas. I found a Simplicity pattern and some pink flannel and here's what I've got...

When I started the pattern I realized it was actually a robe or housecoat which is fine. I don't know that she'll ever wear it again anyway. My husband calls it the 18th century nighty!

So who is she going to be? I'll give you a clue. She will also be holding this giant ornament and I'll be putting antennae in her hair.

Any ideas?  Am I a mean mother for dressing my kid up for christmas cards? If she won't cooperate (which is likely) I'll be doing the old standby. Putting her in front of the tree and taking her picture.



14 comments:

Katie B said...

Little Cindy Lou Who! That will be SO cute! I hope she cooperates. (and, no, you're not mean. It will be fun!)

Linz said...

Oh, that is so cute!! I hope she cooperates! Great job!!

Love your new header!!

Lindsay said...

That's adorable! I love Cindy Lou Who!

AnneMarie said...

How cute!! Love Cindy Lou Who!

Pat said...

I used to make my daughter's flannel nightgowns!~ Yours is beautiful, and will make for some lovely Christmas pictures as well as some warm and cozy nights.

Lee said...

Oh, I LOVE IT! That is going to be ridiculously adorable! Cute nighty, too. : )

Tamie said...

My girls (all three) had what we called Who Hair when they were little- hair that stood straight up on top, no matter what you did. Good luck.

Denise in PA said...

Oh, she's going to be so cute!!! I don't think you're mean at all - I dress my dog up for Christmas cards (you should see her Mrs. Claus dress - LOLOL!)

Jessica Kelly said...

so so cute! She will be just adorable!

Susanne said...

I LOVE it. I hope she cooperates. It would make SUCH a cute picture!!!

Katy Cameron said...

Who knows... ;o)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I'm going to make my daughter do it too!

Jacey said...

I really did not get that at first, but now I do. Fun!

Tricia said...

Oh my gosh! That's going to be too cute!! Hope she cooperates for you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...