Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Work In Progress Wednesday: Pre-thanksgiving edition

Ahhh, the day before Thanksgiving. This year I'm just relaxing because we are going to my in-laws. I usually prepare the meal here so I'm usually in pie-baking mode. Well, there may be pies this weekend in addition to a mini-thanksgiving meal. After all, I love leftovers and any excuse for dessert is a good one. Hope you all are getting ready to enjoy some family time.

Here's what's been going on in my sewing room.


Finished this week:
Pink Flannel Nightgown

In Progress:

The binding is going on the Aviary Birdbath quilt. This should be on my WIP list for a little while I would think.


I put together my leftover blocks from the Fast Forward Baby Quilt (which needs a new name) for the backing. Just have to finish the large fabric chunks and I can send it for quilting. I've decided to cross this off my list and send it away instead. I think it needs some more skilled quilting than I can give it.


I finally got it together and finished the sewing for all my bedroom curtains - wohoo! I am marking the grommet holes and once those are put in I can hang them. I've also taken pictures for a tutorial, so hopefully that will be up soon. Just waiting on hubby to hang them so I can get that "finished" photo.




I've started a scraps hourglass quilt. I've been using this as a leader and ender to my sewing and amazingly the blocks are getting put together quickly this way. This will definitely be on the wip list for a long time. These blocks are pretty small!



The gifts have finally made it on my WIP list. These will have to remain somewhat secret until they've been given. This one is obviously a christmas themed present!


And this one? Well, it's some Neptune. ;)



And you may have already seen this photo of the progress I made on my double wedding ring arcs at our PMQG sewing night.  I haven't done anymore since then though.

Stalled this week:
X-quilt - need to make a few more blocks
do. Good October quilt - still waiting on  a few blocks
Teacher gifts for my daughter
apron
baby scrapbook album
nursery decorations

Total WIP this week:  lucky 13



As usual, I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced. Stop over and link up your own!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



12 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

So many pretty photos!!! I can't wait to see your Birdbath quilt all finished up, I think it's going to be gorgeous. Your DWR arcs are looking great too!

Katie B said...

Fun projects, as always! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!

Silvinha said...

Great idea Becky and I Wishes for a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving.
Send love and hugs and wish for your family on this special occasion.


http://tearpiaocupacional.blogspot.com/

Linz said...

Yes, SO many pretty pictures!!

My heart jumps every time I see the bird bath!! It looks awesome, and I can't wait to see it in all it's glory!!

Happy Thanksgiving!! :)

Susanne said...

I love the fast forward quilt already!!!

I haven't mentioned either that I LOVE your new header!!! Lee is so talented!!

Jacey said...

I'm super excited about the Birdbath. It's going to rock! It's such a big accomplishment! It's nice that you get to relax this holiday. You deserve it!

Lee said...

So much beautiful stuff, Becky! Can't wait to see the Birdbath quilt all finished. And I love your little scrappy hourglass blocks. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Katy Cameron said...

Wow, that's a lot of WIPs, good luck with the Christmas pressies :o)

Erin said...

13 WIPs, that's impressive :) I love your double wedding ring quilt. It looks like it'll be fantastic.

Jessica Kelly said...

Everything looks awesome! Love that fabric for your bedroom curtains. Also loving those scrappy hourglass blocks! It will be fun to see that progress, great DWR arcs too!!

Janet said...

I can't wait to see the finished Aviary Birdbath quilt. I've been watching your progress and I've loved all the photos so far! Thanks for sharing.

Live a Colorful Life said...

Yay on birdbath close to completion! And those teeny hourglass blocks--too cute. I keep thinking I need to do a leaders/enders quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...