- We are moving to a new house so curtains will be at the top of the list. - I did pretty good on this one. I made curtains for 9 windows! Only have 2 more to go.
2. Step out of my comfort zone and do new things! I have already set this one in motion by joining a couple of swaps: The Make Mine Modern swap and the Spicing up the Kitchen swap. Very excited about these! - Loved doing these swaps and plan to rejoin a few in the 2012. This was definitely a good way to do projects and use fabrics I might not have done otherwise!
3. Make stuff from the books I have. This may sound silly, but I have gotten quite a few books and somehow I keep getting so much inspiration from the internet and making those projects instead. -I thought I did better on this one, but I did okay. Here are the projects I made from books and magazines I had already.
4. I love string block quilts and really want to tackle one this year. This may be a two-fer because there is a pattern for string block quilts in The Practical Guide to Patchwork. I wound up doing several different variations on string blocks for bees, charities and such. Only the purple string blocks are for me.
5. I'd like to attempt a Cathedral Windows Pillow. - Fail. Never got around to this one.
6. A King size quilt for our new bed - check! See here.
7. A twin/full quilt for my daughters new big girl bed. Also check! See here.
8. I'd like to continue to try and come up with my own patterns more. - Well, I only did one of these. But I also kind of lost interest. I see so much beautiful stuff I'm inspired by, I haven't really thought of doing my own patterns!
So those were all the goals and intentions I had for last year. I did pretty well especially considering I sort of forgot about them!
With the baby coming soon in 2012, I think I'm going to skip the goals this year and just hope I get a chance to sew at all! How about you? Any great intentions for the New Year? I hope it's a happy and healthy one for you.