Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday 2012 edition

It's been a while since I've done a WIP Wednesday and I've missed it. I'm definitely a list person. At any given time I have at least 3 lists going. So it definitely helps me to list out all my works in progress. Here's what's I'm currently working on:

Finished tops:

Double Wedding Ring - no photos yet. I have to decide how or who will quilt this one.

This is a charity quilt I'm making. I'll post more about it later. I just finished the top and need hubby to help me spray baste it.  The belly is way too big for pin basting right now!

In progress:

I've been making these with my Color Wheel Charm Swap charms. I decided to play with the color values rather than the rainbow aspect. Although we'll see. I haven't started laying them out yet. The rainbow may still come into play.


My Sew Modern Bee blocks arrived for this month and I've got them all laid out. Starting to sew. This month most of the work is already done, it's just assembly. So I figure I'll get them out and done quickly.


 And as I posted about the other day, I'm working on making more of these X string blocks. These were my Sew Modern Bee blocks. They are only about 6 inches so I need quite a few of them. I haven't decided how big this will be.


And the scrappy hourglass blocks are always in progress. They are really  little so I'm definitely going to need  a lot of them. I'm not sure this will be done in time for the Scrap Attack Quilt Along.

These fabrics have been sitting aside for a long time. That's a FQ stack of Sanctuary and some additional prints and solids I've chosen to go with it. And I've been wanting to make Elizabeth Hartman's Kitchen Windows pattern. I'm hoping to get to cut into those today.



I pulled some fabrics for the Bunny Hill Plate Club based on this Design Seeds color inspiration. I need to look at them a while before I start cutting them though and fine tune my choices. They were all straight from stash so I'm excited to use up some stash!


Finally on my list with no photos is a case for my new iPod Touch. I found this great tutorial that I hope to follow. I've pulled some Neptune (surprise) and I'll let you know how the tutorial goes!


I think that's everything. At least I hope so. That gives me 9 total WIPs at the moment. I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced. Go add your WIP's to the linky party.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



17 comments:

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

I would love to see your Double Wedding Ring, it is on my to do list!
You look like you are keeping busy, I love the X string blocks too!

Melinda said...

Cute tutorial! Can't wait to see your iPod case! And you are quite the busy quilter with all these projects (though I can't say a word...). Everything looks great!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Oooh, I'm really loving those String X blocks, they are SO stunning!! Can't wait to see your DWR, too :)

CityHouseStudio said...

I really like your scrappy blocks - I saw them on Flickr too and thought - what a great idea! Can't wait to see your double wedding ring quilt!

Denise in PA said...

Love that charity quilt! How are liking the iPod Touch? I love mine. Looking forward to seeing the DWR!!

Linz said...

SO much prettyness!!! Everything looks beautiful! I really love your tiny hourglasses!!! SO cute!

Jessica Kelly said...

great projects! I am the same way with lists, gotta have em. Can't wait to see your DWR quilt top, I'm sure its fabulous!! I LOVE what you are doing with your color wheel charms! I have a red pepper quilts quilt pinned with this same idea, can't wait to see how you put it together!

felicity said...

I sure do love me a list! I am looking forward to your DWR, big time. I like your colour wheel charm swap idea - I'm thinking about something similar for my bee month that's coming up.

Live a Colorful Life said...

Your pictures are all so pretty. I love those String X blocks. On my list, along with a gazillion other things. Good thing we have an extra day in 2012, huh? Let's put it to good use!

**nicke... said...

everything is so pretty! good job making your husband help you. pg bellies are not meant for pin basting... p.s. make him do it. might not be too good for you or your peanut to breathe those fumes in.

The Thompsons said...

I love your projects- particularly the X String blocks - love the vibrant colors!

Katie B said...

Great projects! I love those Sanctuary fabrics. I made a quilt from that line, and it's one of my favorites.

Katy Cameron said...

Wow, seriously productive week there, although smart move on getting hubby to crawl around on the floor for the basting ;o) Love that colour pallette you've chosen - I really need to play on that blog more :o)

AnneMarie said...

Your productivity is killing me! Great job... wish I could keep up!

Jacey said...

The charity quilt is beautiful, Becky! And your scrappy bowties are so cute. How big are you planning to make that one?

Marci Girl said...

Everything looks wonderful Becky, and I agree, there comes a time that basting just doesn't work! I basted something on my table the other day, and that was too much work with a big belly poking out!

Lee said...

Love that charity quilt, Becky! Such an elegant color palette. You definitely get a pass on pin basting—I cannot imagine! LOL. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...