Monday, July 30, 2012

Bee blocks

I don't think I ever posted about the last round of bee blocks. For June, I was in charge of the Bliss group of do.Good Stitches. I chose string blocks that I had done in the Sew Modern Bee from this tutorial and asked for greens and blues.

These were my sample blocks.



It's been fun getting everyone's blocks in the mail. I love seeing the fabrics everyone uses!  As I've been looking at them all I decided that they need sashing to keep from being too busy. I'm still waiting for a few blocks to arrive, but I've started sashing the ones that I have in Kona Charcoal.


Then our group took the month of July off to catch up, but August is a scrappy HST block.  Even though my baby is almost 6 mths (!) he still isn't sleeping through the night (!!). So I'm still very sleep deprived. I started following her directions and doubled the amt of HST thinking that she gave directions for one block. She had given directions for 2 though so I wound up with 4! Oh well, double the charity this week!

Here are my four blocks.





I've got some more projects in the works. Just need to get some pictures taken and I'll be sharing them shortly!


7 comments:

Jessica Kelly said...

Love those string blocks! That quilt will be awesome when its put together. Sorry to hear that you haven't been sleeping! Great scrappy blocks :-)

Captain StitchyPants said...

Love those scrappy stars! I'm on the lookout for nice scrap ideas, and this one's going on the list!

Katy Cameron said...

The string blocks look great, sorry about the sleep deprivation, but I'm sure the quilter will be glad of a couple of extras!

Denise in PA said...

Love the charcoal with the string blocks! The scrappy HST blocks look great too. I could have made the same mistake you did and doubled up even without the sleep deprivation - LOL!

Kati said...

Love your strings blocks! Those will be so great together.

Jenniffier said...

Ok first off cute blocks.

Second you are still no reply... make sure you have your email address in there and you clicked the box to allow email. A quick way to check is look at your profile and see if it says email on it. I will update that part on my tutorial.

Angie said...

AWESOME BLOCKS! Both sets are stunning :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...