Sunday, October 23, 2016

Clamshell with Seahorse



**This quilt is now for sale in my Etsy shop**


After designing this Clamshell and Anchor quilt, I thought it might be fun to play with the idea in different colorways and see what I could come up with. The next few posts will be some of the results I've had with that experiment.

My first version is using a similar blue on blue color scheme with a cute little seahorse (they are one of my favorite sea creatures). Here's a close up of the little guy!


As you can see from the first photo, I was lucky enough to have this quilt chosen for a Philly MQG  Exhibition at the Mancuso quilt show. It hung next to Andrew Joslyn's modern quilt.


And I got the obligatory shot of me with the quilt!


Some details on it... here is a better shot of the fabrics used in the clams. This was all stash...surprise, I have a lot of nautical fabrics!


And this one is a better view of the quilting. I did this free motion on my little domestic Bernina.


The blue ocean fabric is a jaquard and the photo below shows the cool blue dots that are on it. I don't know enough about how this fabric is made, but the spots aren't printed, they are done with the weave somehow.


The back is more stash pieces put together with my label.

I'm really happy with this little guy and hope you enjoy seeing a few variations of this quilt in the future!

Quilt stats:
Quilt name: Clamshells and Seahorse
Pattern: original design
Fabrics: stash
Finished size: 58" by 70"
Finished: August 2016


1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

All of these quilts are so cute! And, the quilting is awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...